THE SHEA-JENNINGS FEIS IS NOW CLOSED.
Welcome! The Deirdre Shea School of Irish Dance began in 1989 when a group of Cranford women requested basic party dance instruction. Soon Deirdre Shea began to instruct their children as well. The school began with 15 — we now have over 200 students of all ages and levels. Shea - Jennings classes are held in Garwood, Millburn and Spring Lake, New Jersey. Deirdre is a certified teacher (TCRG) with An Coimisium le Rinci Galeacha (The Irish Dancing Commission). Deirdre teaches all levels from 3-4 yrs. old to Champion level. Deirdre and John are proud of their four 1st place Regional Champion dancers from the Shea - Jennings School of Irish Dance Beth Gallagher (2003 Senior Ladies 1st Place Champion), Julianna Harkins (2006 Girls Under 12 1st Place Champion) Joseph Stewart (2009 Boys Under 18 First Place Champion) & Ronan Burke (2011 Under 9 Boys 1st Place Champion) and several World Championship Qualifiers through the years.
In 1997, John Jennings joined the school. The School competes under the title Shea-Jennings. John is the 1988 Irish Dancing World Champion, and 5 time North American National Champion. John also was featured in several popular shows such as, Late Night with David Letterman, and the Conan O'Brien show. He and fellow Irish dancers accompanied Shania Twain in her music video, "Don't Be Stupid". John is a certified teacher (TCRG) and adjudicator (ADCRG) with An Coimisium le Rinci Galeacha (The Irish Dancing Commission).
Our goal over the years has been to teach our students the proper techniques of Irish dance in a positive atmosphere while providing the cultural aspects and dynamic choreography in a challenging environment. Our students dance on their toes, but they feel the history and exuberance or Irish Dance in their hearts.
- Registration for Garwood - click here for form
- Registration for Spring Lake - click here for form
- Summer Camp Brochure 2013 - click here for form
- Email Noelle for Millburn registration
- Garwood Studio : 102 North Ave. Garwood, NJ
- Spring Lake: 515 Passiac Ave. Spring Lake, NJ
- Millburn: 60 Linden St. Millburn. NJ
- The Shea - Jennings recital will be held Friday May 31, 2013 @ Cranford High
- The Spring Lake recital will be held June 22, 2013 in Pt. Pleasant
- The annual Shea-jennings feis will be held Saturday May 4, 2013 @ Wardlaw Hartdridge
- If you would like more info on how to become involved in competition EMAIL NOELLE!
- Congrats to our World Championship qualifiers!
- Julianna Harkins, Laura Van Horn,
- Maura Moran, Anna May Fitch,
- Conor Mahon, Grace Mahon, & our two time Regional Champion Ronan Burke!
- Congrats to our three qualifying 8 hands attending the WORLDS!
NEW Fall Schedule 2012/2013
Monday - 4 to 5 pm Advanced beginner (Garwood)
Monday - 5 pm - 6:30 pm Novice/prizewinner (Garwood)
Monday - 6:30 - 10:30 Prelim/Open (Garwood)
Tuesday - Beginner 4 to 4:45 pm (Garwood)
Tuesday 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm Novice/prizewinner (Garwood)
Tuesday - SPRING LAKE beginner class 6 - 6:45 pm
Tuesday - SPRING LAKE Champion/Advanced 7- 8 :30 pm
Wednesday - MILLBURN 3:45 - 4:45 pm All levels/Allages
Wednesday - 4 - 4:45 Beginner(Garwood)
Wednesday - 6:30 to 10:30 pm Prelim/Open (Garwood)
Thursday - 5 - 6:15 pm novice 6:30 - 8 Prelim (Garwood)
Friday - 4 to 5:15 pm Novice (Garwood)
Saturday - new beginner 10:30 11:15 11:00 - NOON All levels (Garwood)
CALENDAR for the Shea-Jennings 2012/2013 Year
for Garwood & Millburn only
(*John's classes: ONLY canceled through email)
Sept. 26 - No classes in Millburn
Sept. 26 No Classes in Garwood
Oct. 31 - Halloween No classes
November 8 & 9 - No classes
November 21-23 - No classes
December 21-31 - Winter Break no classes
January 1 - No classes
February 18 - No classes
March 25 - 29 - Easter Break for ALL LOCATIONS
March 26 - No classes in SPRING LAKE
April 1 - 6 - No classes in SPRING LAKE
May 4 - SJ FEIS
May 27 - No classes (Memorial Day)
May 31 - Recital @ CHS
June 5 - Last day of classes for MILLBURN
June 11 - Last day of classes in SPRING LAKE
June 14 - Last classes for GARWOOD